A South Korean family, who fled the besieged Gaza Strip to Egypt, left for Seoul earlier this week.
The family of five, who had been living in Gaza for more than seven years, safely crossed into Egypt on Thursday via the Rafah border in an evacuation from the war-torn region. They are known to be a South Korean woman, her naturalized husband of Palestinian descent and their three children.
Following a three-day stay in Egypt, the family departed Cairo International Airport late Sunday and is set to arrive in South Korea after a stopover in another country. The family declined an interview request at the airport. (Yonhap)
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- 인요한 만난 김종인 “처방은 잘했지만, 환자가 약을 먹어야”
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- [Hello Hangeul] Americans seeking to visit Korea learn the language in LA
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"